Outside general counsel to clients ranging from industry-leading, medical payment processing provider and medical device manufacturer to South Florida’s premier sports pub/restaurant chain. Extensive experience in drafting and negotiating complex software licensing and development agreements, financing packages and service and support contracts. Satisfied all legal obligations involving formation, strategic management of multiple private equity offerings, corporate governance, real estate and facilities issues, compensation plan and litigation management.
Outside real estate counsel for national financial and insurance institutions. Ongoing matters include negotiating and closing complex purchase, sale and lease transactions including all phases of commercial site planning, development and governmental compliance matters. Successfully negotiated and closed over 300 commercial property transactions including purchase, sale, long-term lease, development, exchange, licensing, easement and operating agreements for commercial sites throughout the United States.
Areas of Concentration
- General business counseling
- Start-up and private placement financing
- Purchases and sales of commercial properties
- Ground leasing
- Retail, office and warehousing leasing
General counsel to WildCard Systems, Inc., number 19 on Florida Trend Magazine’s rankings of Florida’s high-technology companies. Representation spanned WildCard’s formation, multiple private placement offerings and ultimate 262mm merger with Efunds Corporation.
- General counsel to Electronic Data Resources, Inc., ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of the Country’s top 500 growth companies.
- Purchasers and sellers of shopping centers, office buildings, apartment buildings, industrial and mixed-use projects.
- Landlords and tenants in office and warehouse leasing.
- Real estate counsel for World Savings Bank, FSB, and CEMEX USA f/k/a Rinker Materials of Florida, Inc., in complex commercial real estate transactions throughout Florida (World Savings and CEMEX USA) and in Texas, Colorado and Nevada (World Savings only). Successfully structured and closed over 200 purchase and sale, site development and ground lease transactions for these public entities over a 13 year term of representation.
- Principal in Capstone Title Partners, LLC, a Fort Lauderdale-based title company specializing in residential property closings and refinancing and responsible for successfully closing over 2,500 transactions. Web site: capstonetitlepartners.com Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, State Bar of Florida
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Florida Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, Florida Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Participating Member, Florida Venture Forum (non-profit organization organized to help ensure the success of entrepreneurial ventures by offering expert counsel, educational advice and managerial assistance)
- Board of Directors, Broward Attorneys’ Real Estate Council, Inc.
- B.B.A., Business, Southern Methodist University, 1980
- J.D., Nova Southeast University School of Law, 1986 Recipient Fischler Scholarship (a two-year partial academic scholarship)
Admitted to Practice
Articles. Publications & Lectures
- The Paralegal’s Role in the Real Estate Transaction in Florida