Richard Zaden is a Martindale-Hubbell AV rated preeminent lawyer who represents clients primarily in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County matters. Mr. Zaden’s clients include publicly traded and billion dollar companies, as well as small businesses and individuals in commercial and other civil monetary disputes. Mr. Zaden is well versed in arbitration, federal and state civil trial practice (jury and non-jury), as well as local court rules and procedures.
In addition to his legal experience, Mr. Zaden has owned and/or operated business enterprises and joint ventures, in the fields of publishing, insurance and real estate. Mr. Zaden’s personal business background brings a wealth of knowledge, understanding and expertise to his commercial practice.
Mr. Zaden maintains an emphasis on complex commercial litigation, business and consumer issues, as well as tort matters, including construction, real estate, and contract disputes, business fraud and wrongdoing, while also taking select personal injury and other significant disputes.
Mr. Zaden was born and raised in South Florida, and is the managing member of Seiler, Zaden, Rimes & Wahlbrink.
- University of Florida, Juris Doctorate, with Honors, 1990
- Stetson University College of Law, first semester, Spring 1988
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Science, with Honors, 1985
- Cardinal Gibbons High School
- Saint Anthony’s School
- Degrees with Honors (Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Science)
- Recipient American Jurisprudence Book Awards in both Banking Law and Criminal Law
LEGAL EXPERIENCE, HONORS, COMMITTEES
- Governor Jeb Bush appointment to Judicial Nominating Commission, 17th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 2003-2007 Secretary of Commission
- Governor Charlie Crist Re-appointment to Judicial Nominating Commission, 17th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 2007-2011 Chair of Commission
- The Florida Bar President Michael J. Higer appointment to the Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee of The Florida Bar, July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020
- Florida Bar Board of Governors’ appointment to Grievance Committee 17c, 2003 –2005
- Chair and Vice Chair of Committee
- Florida Bar appointment, Pre-Paid Legal Committee, Past Member
- Guardian Ad Litem (numerous cases in the Circuit Court of the Seventeenth (17th) Judicial Circuit in and for Broward County, Florida)
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, 1990
- Member of Broward County Bar Association
- Admitted United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, since 1990
- Admitted United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
BUSINESS EXPERIENCE, HONORS, INVOLVEMENT
- Manager and Managing Member, Seiler, Zaden Rimes, LLC d/b/a Seiler, Sautter, Zaden, Rimes & Wahlbrink Law Firm, 2004 through present
- Managing Member, North Andrews Property, LLC, Commercial Office Building, 2003 through present
- Founding Director/Creator, Access Legal Insurance, Inc., 1997 through merger of assets with Access Insurance Planners
- Founding Director, Access Insurance Planners, Inc., 2001 – 2007
- Director of publicly traded corporation, Quest Net Corp, 2000
- Managing Member, then Member, Access Insurance Underwriters, Inc.
- Founder and President, Florida Great Locations, Inc., publishing, 1993 – 1996
- Sales Representative, Prentice-Hall Publishing, Top sales person in Technical Division – 1986 (approximately 20 sales people), 4th highest sales person companywide – 1986 (approximately 180 sales people).
- Founding Director, Access Foundation Corporation (501c3 Charitable Organization)
- Director, Pace Center for Girls, Broward County (501c3 Charitable Organization)
- President, Board of Directors, Pace Center for Girls, Broward County (2008 – 2010)
- Member, Pace Center for Girls, Broward County, Finance Committee
- Advisor, Team of Life, Inc. (501c3 Charitable Organization)
- Founding Board Member, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Broward County (501c3 Charitable Organization) (1991)
- Secretary, Pace Center for Girls, Broward County, Finance Committee (2010-2012)
- Director, The Hundred Club (2012-2015)
- Board Member, City of Fort Lauderdale, Parks, Recreation & Beaches Advisory Board
- President, St. John the Baptist Men’s Club (2013-2015)
- Vice President, St. John the Baptist Men’s Club (2012-2013)
- Mentor, Enterprise Ambassador Program (1991-1993, 1995)